Saturday, March 09, 2013

REVIEW: What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor

What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor

Plot:

Getting drunk homecoming night your senior year is never a good idea, but Jake Hayes never expected it all to end with a car crash and a t-post embedded in his throat. 

His biggest regret about it all? What he never said to Samantha Shay. He's been in love with her for years and never had the guts to tell her. Now it's too late. Because after that night, Jake will never be able to talk again.

When Jake returns to his small island home, population 5,000, he'll have to learn how to deal with being mute. He also finds that his family isn't limited to his six brothers and sisters, that sometimes an entire island is watching out for you. And when he gets the chance to spend more time with Samantha, she'll help him learn that not being able to talk isn’t the worst thing that could ever happen to you. Maybe, if she'll let him, Jake will finally tell her what he didn't say before, even if he can't actually say it.

My review:

This book taught me a lot...I mean, I say "I love you" to a lot of people like my mum, family, bffs and whatever, and I mean it. 
But sometimes love is different when you've fallen in love with a boy/girl. 
In this story, Sam's life made her strong. She's scared about saying "I love you" because of her family. And that's all normal. She's strong, she doesn't want pity, all she wants is someone to listen to her silent cries of help. 
Jake's life is full of happiness and love, but for him, it's not enough. He fell in love with Sam the first time he met her (9th grade) and has always loved her for 4-5 years. He's scared that if he confronts her, she will say no. So he keeps waiting for the right moment. 
Sometimes the right moment never comes, you just have to decide when the right moment is. 
For Jake, he lost his right moment, his voice and the chance to say "I love you" to Sam when he was in a car accident. Not being able to speak is hard but having pain, emotions and important words trapped inside you is harder. 
This relationship will take you on a roller-coaster ride. And you will love it...
Falling in love is normal, but you just have to know who the right person is to be in love.

I give 10/5 stars for this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPILL IT !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...